Miami International University of Art & Design, LLC
Enrollment Coordinator - Miami International Univ. of Art & Design
This position is responsible for processing student transcript requests, assisting students with student portal login, ensure completion of new student orientation virtually and completing any outstanding documents needed for the students to successfully start school. Work with the students to set up their first term schedule, invite to on campus and virtual orientations and clearance events. Maintain tracking system (utilizing excel) for all students. Strong follow-up and multi-tasking skills are crucial to success in this position. Will conduct/attend weekly meetings with Enrollment Counselors and Enrollment Coordinator group.
Incumbent must assure that the Arts Institutes philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment, which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position. This is an on ground position located at our Miami school.
Key Job Elements:
- Work cohesively with Enrollment Counselors in order to facilitate outstanding service to prospective students and their parents.
- Assist students and parents with completion of all admissions documents.
- Ensure all admissions documents are collected within first thirty days of student start date. Assist all new students with logging into student portal and Brightspace.
- Register all new students for their first quarter classes.
- Maintain consistently clean files shown through Training Assessments for Compliance with Federal/State regulations, school policies and procedures. Less than a 10% error rate per term and less than a 5% potential liability rate for the year.
- Demonstrate proficiency in timely document collection and new student processing within your OPEID as defined by the Key Performance Indicators (KPI).Complete the appropriate training modules within 30 days of the new or revised module becoming available.
- Pass one certification per calendar year.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Dean of Enrollment Processing
Interacts With: Other members of the Enrollment Team including Financial Aid Officers, Faculty Members, Student Advisors, Student Workers and other campus personnel.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
- Previous experience working with and technical knowledge of student financial aid programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills as well as exposure to more concentrated financial aid/EDE software programs such as Banner.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and comply with federal and state laws, regulations.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team (in-person & virtually) and work collaboratively with other departments. Can work effectively in a virtual environment with minimal supervision at times.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one's own priorities and work schedule.
- Since this position currently is virtual on Friday’s, incumbent must be able to establish an appropriate home office environment with a dedicated workspace that is free from distractions and background noise. Subscription to reliable, high-speed, hard wired internet service is a MUST.
- Must possess current technology (i.e. computer, laptop) for the role
- Must attend the entire virtual training class and satisfactorily pass all training requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description
Notice: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
The Arts Institutes International, LLC and its subsidiaries embrace diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, without regard to sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), race, color, national origin, age, marital or parental status, disability, genetic information, religion, veteran status, or status in any group protected by applicable laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave, compensation, and training.