Miami International University of Art & Design, LLC
Dean of Student Affairs - Miami Main Campus
Miami International University of Art & Design (MIU) and its branches, The Art Institute of Dallas and The Art Institute of Tampa are committed to providing its students with an exciting and challenging journey of learning, exploration, and potential for accomplishment. MIU is a multi-campus, non-profit, regionally accredited institution offering diploma, associate, bachelor’s, and master’s programs in the creative arts in areas of: Design, Fashion, Media, and Culinary Arts.
The Dean of Student Affairs (DSA) is an equity-minded, transformational leader who helps the College achieve its goals of increasing student success, maintaining an inclusive college environment, and broadening strategic partnerships The position is responsible for providing leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of student support programs and services while engaging with the external community to create partnerships and develop strong, beneficial relationships. The DSA must have a collaborative and community-building leadership style, and demonstrate support for the mission of the Institution. Finally, the DSA must have the ability to engage with the college community at all levels. This position is based at the Miami campus location.
- Responsible for developing a culture which facilitates student engagement and regular assessment of student feedback and satisfaction.
- Provides timely reporting to President on status of all students, which includes detailed strategies to address any gaps such as any at-risk students, Title IV, conduct violations Title IX, Disability Services and crisis management.
- Maintains consistent and timely communication with Academic Affairs leadership to trouble shoot issues with student communication / support in real time.
- Hires, trains, manages, and supervises Student Advisors and International Student Advisor. Responsible for training and development of all Student Success staff.
- Serves as the international students’ Designated School Official (DSO) to ensure that appropriate support and services are in place at applicable campuses for the international student population.
- In collaboration with the Student Conduct and Resolution team, investigate and resolve student complaints and misconduct, (including referral of Title IX investigations to the Title IX Coordinator), consistently across the institutional campus community.
- Master’s degree in a related student affairs field required.
- Three or more years of supervisory experience in Student Affairs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive benefit package
- PTO/12 paid holidays