Miami International University of Art & Design, LLC
FT Faculty Interior Design
Full-TimeT Faculty Interior Design
Summary: The Full-Time Faculty facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. S/He provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. S/He encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning, and ethics as well as personal and professional development. This position is an on-ground position located at The Miami International University of Art & Design.
Incumbent must assure that The Arts Institutes International, LLC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking, and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
· Provides competency-based education which aligns with the Art Institutes model of curricula as well as supports the Art Institutes style of system delivery.
· Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, the development of activities which support lesson objectives, and delivers the instruction as approved regardless of modality (on-ground, online, and hybrid).
· Enables the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction that fosters competencies and establishes student performance criteria and evaluation.
· Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
· Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching students and engaging students in the learning process.
· Manages the learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
· Contributes to a learning culture by participating in curriculum and system task forces, supporting local campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops and meetings.
· Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction
of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
Reports To: Program Chair
Interacts With: Academic affairs department, other schools/campus functional areas, curriculum task force and other committees, other faculty, and students
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
· Master’s degree in interior design, environmental design, or architecture is required. NCIDQ certification is required.
· CIDA accreditation experience preferred with a willingness to be integrally involved with the self-study process and student work collection.
· Minimum of two years experience in instruction (ground-based and online), preferably in a post-secondary or college institution.
· REVITCAD experience preferred. Knowledge of environmental and sustainable issues relevant to design. Membership in a professional association tied to the area of instruction is preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
· Working knowledge of REVIT, AutoCAD, InDesign & Photoshop software.
· Strong conflict resolution skills.
· Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills.
· Current computer based skills: (software, analytical, report writing skills, and learning management system navigation for online/hybrid course delivery).
· Ability to teach both online and ground-based upper and lower-level studio courses across a wide range of residential/commercial specialties.
· Ability to advocate for the interior design profession while working with prospective students during enrollment activities.
· Ability to work Open House events per quarter on a rotating schedule.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet frequently occurring deadlines. Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents. Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision.
· Ability to learn from student’s participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual.