Miami International University of Art & Design, LLC
Financial Aid Officer
Who We Are!
Our campus is part of a system of Art Institute locations that provide an important source for design, media, fashion and culinary art professionals. We offer programs that focus on applied arts in creative areas such as graphic design, media arts and animation, culinary arts, photography, digital filmmaking & video production, interior design, audio production, fashion design, game art & design, baking & pastry, and fashion marketing. Not all program areas and degree levels are offered at all schools. Each Art Institute school is licensed by the state in which it is located and accredited by accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The Art Institutes offer associate, bachelor, and master’s degree programs, as well as certificate and diploma programs.
Who We Need!
We have opportunities for Financial Aid Officers –to join our team. Do you have what it takes to join a dynamic, high performing team whose expertise and dedication is to assist continuing students pursue their passion and building a future by achieving their academic goals? You'll meet in-person (currently working remotely on Fridays) with continuing students and their families to create a student financial plan that allows the student to complete their program while taking into account financial planning policies and procedures compliant with Federal/State regulations for awarding aid. You will identify student concerns and provide solutions to overcome potential challenges to continuing student success. You will work collaboratively with team members in Student Affairs and Academics to provide support to all students.
If you're driven to help others and ready to make a difference, apply today to start a rewarding career with our campus!
Some specific details on a Financial Aid Officer – Continuing Students position!
- Review the funding estimate quarterly for students beginning a new academic year, revise the plan when necessary and discuss financial obligations with students/parents.
- Discuss payment options to cover balance of cost and revise Tuition Options note as required.
- Create funding estimates that meet the Art Institutes policies as well as state and federal regulations.
- Assist students/parents with the completion of the FAFSA each financial aid award year.
- Demonstrate proficiency by working with students to accurately complete financial aid documents in a timely manner and as defined by Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
What you will bring?
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is required.
- Previous experience working with and technical knowledge of student financial aid programs.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and comply with federal and state laws, regulations and policies pertaining to the provision of student financial aid.
- Knowledge of Federal, State or commercial loan packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organizational, collaboration and problem resolution skills.
- Goal oriented and works with integrity.
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive benefit package
- Annual PTO and12 paid holidays
If you have these qualifications and would like to work for an institution leader, we look forward to your application!