Miami International University of Art & Design, LLC
Adjunct Instructor in Design & Media Management Master’s Program
The Miami International University of Art & Design seeks adjunct instructors to teach in the Design and Media Management Master’s program both on ground and online. Interested faculty must have current industry experience and prior experience teaching in both on ground and virtual (online) modalities.
Our campus is part of a system of Art Institute locations that provide an important source for design, media, fashion and culinary art professionals. We offer programs that focus on applied arts in creative areas such as graphic design, media arts and animation, culinary arts, photography, digital filmmaking & video production, interior design, audio production, fashion design, game art & design, baking & pastry, and fashion marketing. Not all program areas and degree levels are offered at all schools. Each Art Institute school is licensed by the state in which it is located and accredited by accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The Art Institutes offer associate, bachelor, and master’s degree programs, as well as certificate and diploma programs
Qualified candidates will be an expert in their field and bring industry knowledge and their own education experience, incorporating that with curriculum to provide a comprehensive experience to students that will help them develop the skills necessary to transition into the work force.
Specific Responsibilities of an Adjunct Instructor
- Utilizes teaching and learning resources including the Learning Management System (LMS) for course enhancement in alignment with institution and system policies.
- Provides instruction, facilitates classroom discussion, and evaluates student performance while adhering to course guidelines and curriculum outcomes.
- Maintains records of student attendance, engagement, and progress.
- Focuses on student success. Interacts with students in a group and one-on-one situations.
- Relates industry experience to the classroom. Assists graduate students to expand their skills in research, communication, and their specialization area.
- Meets all classroom and administrative deadlines and responds to student questions in a timely manner.
Requirement Education / Experience
- Terminal Degree in related field is required: Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in related field, Juris Doctor (JD), or Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Design, Media, or Fashion related area.
- Prior college-level teaching experience (3-5 years) in both on-ground and virtual (online) modalities is a must.
- Industry or academic required certifications / licensure highly preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible schedule
If you have these qualifications and would like to teach for a student centric institution, we look forward to your application.