The Miami International University of Art & Design
Who We Are!
Our campus is part of a system of Art Institute locations that provide an important source for design, media, fashion and culinary art professionals. We offer programs that focus on applied arts in creative areas such as graphic design, media arts and animation, culinary arts, photography, digital filmmaking & video production, interior design, audio production, fashion design, game art & design, baking & pastry, and fashion marketing. Not all program areas and degree levels are offered at all schools. Each Art Institute school is licensed by the state in which it is located and accredited by accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The Art Institutes offer associate, bachelor, and master’s degree programs, as well as certificate and diploma programs.
Benefits We Offer!
The Arts Institutes is committed to offering competitive salary and benefits, which may include:
- Medical Insurance / Prescription Drug Plan
- Vision Care / Dental Plan
- 401(K) Plan
- Life Insurance
- PTO / 12 Paid holidays
Summary: This Financial Analyst will support the Director of Finance in the financial planning and analysis of the annual budget, long range plan and monthly forecast for the system campus locations. Additional responsibilities include supporting Arts Institutes projects, ad hoc financial analysis and developing key performance metrics for management to improve financial control and visibility. This position interacts with members of the Finance support function.
Incumbent must assure that The Arts Institutes International philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Assist with the development and execution of the annual institution’s financial plans.
- Coordinate and assist with the development and execution of the monthly institution’s forecast process and variance analysis.
- Assist with the development of reporting tools (bridges, scorecards, etc.), financial models / processes and key performance metrics to provide insight into spending trends and potential risks / opportunities.
- Assist headcount tracking, analysis and reporting for both institution’s employees and contractors.
- Assist with the development and execution of the institution’s annual Long Range Plan.
- Provide management with timely ad hoc analysis and reports.
- Assist in process improvement initiatives that promote financial visibility, process efficiency and project owner accountability.
- Assist and support the monthly accounting close to ensure accounting guidelines are appropriately reflected in the financials.
Reports To: Director of Finance
Interacts With: Ai Campus staff, payroll, accounts payables, student accounting, financial aid
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
a) Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
b) 2 to 4 years of experience in Finance or Accounting.
c) Minimum of 1 year of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis.
d) Strong knowledge of general ledger structure.
e) Proficiency in MS Excel with Financial Modeling experience
a) Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
b) Strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations.
c) Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
d) Strong computer skills. MS Office Suite.
a) Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
b) Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
c) Ability to adapt to changing assignments, priorities, and work independently
d) Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.