Miami International University of Art & Design, LLC
Student Worker - Cage / Technology
Only current students of The Miami International University of Art & Design are eligible to apply for this position.
Position Summary: This Federal Work-Study position is primarily responsible for providing service and support to faculty, students and staff for all equipment and facilities that pertain to Video, Photo, Lighting, Design Technology and Audio
Basic Job Requirements:
- To protect and keep all cage equipment and facilities secure at all times.
- Perform equipment, studio and A/V facility reservations, tracking and cataloging.
- Check equipment in and out to students/faculty/staff at the cage front desk.
- Check condition of equipment when equipment goes out and comes back in.
- Document overdue items and locate any missing items as necessary.
- Troubleshoot equipment, accessories and equipment setups in classrooms, studios and edit suites.
- Assist faculty, students, and staff with multimedia questions, concerns and requests.
- Answer Cage phone and represent the Technology department in a responsible and customer -friendly manner.
- Be available to work special sponsored events, such as Open House and Graduation. (No perspective student events)
- Clean and maintain cage equipment and computer labs as directed.
- Assist the Cage/Print Center management as directed; restocking printers and Xerox as needed
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
- Customer service experience and a pleasant demeanor.
- Must be in and maintain excellent academic standing and attendance.
- Ability to understand the importance of timeliness and quality of work.
- Ability and willingness to take direction.
- Ability to think independently and resolve problems when appropriate.
- Desire to be a part of the cage crew and work in a team environment.
- All final applicants will be subject to a drug screen after an offer of employment is made and prior to commencing work.