Miami International University of Art & Design, LLC
Adjunct Faculty - Design & Media Management
The Miami International University of Art & Design seeks adjunct instructors to teach Design & Media Management courses.
Who We Are!
Our campus is part of a system of Art Institute locations that provide an important source for design, media, fashion and culinary art professionals. We offer programs that focus on applied arts in creative areas such as graphic design, media arts and animation, culinary arts, photography, digital filmmaking & video production, interior design, audio production, fashion design, game art & design, baking & pastry, and fashion marketing. Not all program areas and degree levels are offered at all schools. Each Art Institute school is licensed by the state in which it is located and accredited by accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The Art Institutes offer associate, bachelor, and master’s degree programs, as well as certificate and diploma programs.
Who we need!
Are you currently a business professional, industry mentor, college / university instructor looking for a new opportunity? Qualified candidates will be an expert in their field and bring industry knowledge and their own education experience, incorporating that with curriculum to provide a comprehensive experience to students that will help them develop the skills necessary to transition into the work force.
What you do!
You will have the opportunity to work with students from diverse backgrounds and provide them with a classroom environment that blends established curriculum with your real world experience. Classes are offered weekdays and evenings to accommodate the busy life of an Art Institute student. In addition to class time, you will maintain an established set of office hours to meet with students to ensure success within the class and program.
Some specific details on an Adjunct instructor!
- Facilitate classroom discussion , evaluate student performance
- Adhere to course guidelines and outcomes
- Maintain records of student attendance, involvement and progress.
- Must be engaging and focused on student success. Ability to interact with students in a group and one-on-one situations is expected.
- The ability to meet classroom deadlines (i.e. attendance, grading) and work with students on their response to assignments in a timely manner.
What you will bring! (Education / Experience)
- Master’s degree in Fine Arts. In lieu of Master’s degree, a minimum of 18 graduate credits in the program discipline.
- Prior college-level teaching experience in area of expertise preferred but not required.
- Industry or academic required certifications / licensure highly preferred.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible schedule
- 401 (K) participation
If you have these qualifications and would like to teach for an institution leader, we look forward to your application!