Miami International University of Art & Design, LLC
International Student Recruiter
Miami International University of Art & Design, a regionally accredited University* based in Miami Florida, United States is seeking applications for the position of International Student Recruiter. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position reporting to the Director of International Marketing. The International Student Recruiter assists the Director of International Marketing in the implementation of the recruitment plan for the campus and is responsible for participating in recruitment activities overseas. This position is the principal contact for international students, which includes preparation of international related materials, recruiting handouts and other admissions related materials, dissemination of admissions materials, prospect tracking, admissions advising, and related efforts for marketing the university and recruiting students.
Key Job Elements
- Responsible for achieving quarterly and annual plans and budget for international recruitment. Manage resources (internal or external), budget and relationships.
- Develops effective marketing campaigns and achieves established targets for new international students in a specified region.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities overseas.
- Cultivate relationships with high schools / partners (current and potential) and other educational professionals who work with international students.
- Identify opportunities for growth and efficiencies in marketing campaigns utilizing internal data and industry best practices.
- Identify and follow-up with prospective international students and parents.
- Identify potential agreements with educational institutions, authorities and corporations with a focus on beneficial outcomes for the institution.
- Serve and participate on University committees that pertain to international student issues or are needed by the International Admissions Department
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the content regarding international student admission requirements on the university webpage, catalogs, and other forms of communication.
- Compile reports reflecting figures concerning international student enrollment.
- Maintain strong relationships with international alumni.
- Assist with new international student orientation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director of International Marketing
Interacts with: Others inside and outside the function
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, International Business or Higher Education. Master's degree is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years International marketing/recruiting experience required.
- Public speaking experience.
- Experience working in a target-driven environment desirable.
- Experience in working in a higher education setting, preferably in an international education office.
- Knowledge of foreign educational models and F1 student visas
- Experience with recruiting international students for higher education intuitions a plus.
- Bilingual: English & proficiency in a second language a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving & analytical skills.
- Knowledge of international education laws is a plus.
- Experience working with a CRM for data entry and reporting.
- Strong excel and database organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively market to different countries and/or cultures.
- Proven track record of developing strategies, executing, and measuring results.
- Works effectively with diverse groups.
- Capable of working without direct supervision while on recruitment trips
Travel Required: Yes up to 60% (International)
Paid Relocation: No